This weekend (Fri – Sun.) there are many events going on around Rochester surrounding the the Genesee River. For some of the events you have to preregister, some have a small fee, but most are open to all. Some of the highlights:
- Friday; 1 to 5 p.m.: Charlotte Genesee Light- house Tours ($3 admission).
- Friday; 7 to 7:30 p.m.: Renew Your Vows on the Pont de Rennes Bridge.
- Saturday; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Tours of the Lower Falls and Gorge.
- Saturday; 10 to 11:30 a.m.: Early Days of Rochester Walking Tour.
- Saturday; Noon, 1 and 2 p.m. Historic Aqueduct Guided Tours (meeting in lobby of Rundel library bldg.).
- Sunday; Noon and 1 p.m.: Charlotte Cemetery Tours.
- Sunday; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Autumn at the Lake at Ontario Beach Park.
This is the one time this year that you can legally visit the Erie Canal aqueduct under Broad Street. For more information on the events above and more events visit the River Romance webpage.