These are the free online sessions of the RootsTech conference on Friday (all times Eastern):
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., General Session (Keynote) by Dr. Spencer Wells and Judy Russell
- 12:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Storytelling Super Powers: How to Come Off as Your Family’s Genealogy Hero by David Adelman
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Tweets, Links, Pins, and Posts: Break Down Genealogical Brick Walls with Social Media by Lisa Alzo
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Getting the Most Out of Ancestry.com by Crista Cowen
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Finding Family and Ancestors Outside the USA with New Technologies by Daniel Horowitz
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Do It Yourself Photo Restoration by Ancestry Insider
Dr. Spencer Wells serves as the director of the Genographic Project—a partnership between IBM, the Waitt Family Foundation, and National Geographic to capture a genetic snapshot of humanity.
Judy Russell is a certified genealogist with a law degree who enjoys helping others understand the interplay between genealogy and the law. She blogs and maintains The Legal Genealogist website.
Lisa Alzo has spoken to the Rochester Genealogical Society a couple of times. She is a freelance genealogy writer that has published articles in many genealogy publications.
I am a reader of the Ancestry Insider blog. He used to work for Ancestry but now works at FamilySearch. He is able to find some unusual genealogy records. Up until this time he has kept his name and picture confidential. He will be talking about photo restoration in front of a large audience so we all will now know what he looks like.