I read a bunch of other blogs. One of my favorites is “The Ancestry Insider.” He used to work at Ancestry.com but now works at Family Search. The ‘Insider’ has been running a series of postings about Citations; ie. recording the sources that you have for your information. He is planning a few more postings in the series but these are what he has written so far:
- Citations Have Two Purposes: locate the Source and communicate its strength.
- Is Mills Style Necessary?
- Cite the Source You See.
- Citation Principles: What is a Derivative?
- To characterize the strength of a derivative source, Specify the Source of the Source.
- Citing Quoted Sources.
- Emphasize the Source You Used Over the Source of the Source.