I uploaded 6 programs at the Eastman Theatre between 1927 and 1939. Three of them are titled Eastman Theatre Magazine and are 8 pages of previews of future movies and movie news. The program part of those magazines shows that you would get an overture by the orchestra, theater news, a short movie, a musical act, sometimes a cartoon and the feature movie. Prices ranged from 20 to 50 cents for the entire show. These even told movies that were playing at the Piccadilly Theater in Rochester.
Another of the programs from 1931 is for a concert by pianist José Iburbi. From 1936 to 1944 he would be the principal conductor for the Rochester Philharmonic. After that he ended up in Hollywood where he would play the piano and also have a few lines in movies.
These are the new Eastman programs:
- Eastman Theatre Magazine; Jan. 9-12, 1927; with a preview of the Harold Lloyd movie “The Kid Brother.”
- Eastman Theatre Magazine; May 8-11, 1927; with a preview of the Lon Chaney movie “Mr. Wu.”
- Eastman Theatre Magazine; June 26 – July 2, 1927; with a preview of Colleen Moore in the movie “Naughty but Nice.”
- Program for an Eastman Theatre Concert; Jan. 30, 1931 featuring José Itubi.
- Flyer for Eastman Theatre Concert; Jan. 19, 1939; featuring Josef Hofmann.
- Flyer for Eastman Theatre Concert; Feb. 19, 1939; featuring soprano Jean Tennyson. (PDF file)