The Rochester Public Library has some new digital books online that may be of interest of those researching in the area.
- Blue book: Police Department of Rochester, New York, with complete biographical sketches of each member (1903). (Most the biographies in this book appear on this biography page but without the pictures of Police Officers.)
- The Jews of Rochester: an historical summary of their progress and status as citizens of Rochester from early days to the year nineteen hundred and twelve (1912).
- Directory of the Village of Batavia, New York (1880).
- The Batavia Directory: city and town (1883/84).
- Vick’s Standard Directory and reference book, Brockport, N.Y.: containing, besides an up-to-date house and business directory, much local and general information invaluable in the home or office (1907?).
- Canandaigua City Directory (1906).
- Canandaigua City Directory (1909).
- Gazetteer and Business Directory of Ontario County, N.Y., for 1867-8.
- (Rochester) Bell Telephone Directory, March 1, 1910.
- Bell Telephone Directory, including subscriber’s lists in Rochester, Charlotte, Henrietta, Gates, Victor (1912).
- The Wayne County directory for 1891-92, containing a general directory of the citizens of Clyde, Lyons, Newark, and Palmyra.
These are just the highlights of new books for a complete list go to the RPL Digitizing News page and click on “Fall 2009.”